Kenneth Akey, M.D., F.A.A.P.
If your child participates in sports, it’s important for you to schedule an appointment for your child’s sports physical.
GOALS OF THE PREPARTICIPATION SPORTS EXAMINATION —
The goals of the preparticipation sports examination are to:
- Discuss a diet specifically for athletes and list healthy fluids for rehydration
- Maximize safe participation by children and adolescents
- Identify medical problems with risks of life-threatening complications during participation
- Identify conditions that require a treatment plan before or during participation
- Identify and rehabilitate old musculoskeletal injuries
- Identify and treat conditions that interfere with performance (eg, exercise-induced bronchospasm)
- Remove unnecessary restrictions on participation
During the exam, Dr. Akey will identify any conditions that might keep you or your child out of the game or affect performance. It is recommended that athletes have a physical six weeks prior to the start of the sports season. This allows for ample opportunity to address existing injuries and improve conditioning.
Call today to schedule your child’s sports physical with Dr. Akey of Newnan GA at 770-683-3020